What is the Address for the Kalkscheune?
- Kalkscheune; Johannisstr. 2, 10117 Berlin, www.kalkscheune.de
Where should I stay?
- You can find out more about hotels in the area that have discounted rates for conference attendees on the Accommodations page.
What time does the conference start?
- If you are on a Learning Journey: The conference opens at Kalkscheune for registration at 9am, Wednesday October 2nd and the buses/guides LEAVE PROMPTLY at 11:00 AM – please don’t get left behind :)
- The full conference: Begins for everyone at 10am on Thursday, October 3rd. The full conference program is here: http://www.ainconference.org/the-program/
How do I get from one of the Airports to the venue?
- Please refer to the “Getting There” section of the website:
Where Can I Park if I am Driving to the Conference?
- If you are driving to the conference, there are paid lots available nearby. Right in front of KALKSCHEUNE is a fee paying car park. Parking is Berlin can be tough. If you do park in an hourly metered spot, make sure you monitor it so you don’t get a ticket.
Is there going to be a pre-conference?
- Yes! And again it will take the form of learning journeys! This year we have embraced the theme “THE ART OF LEADERSHIP” and will expereince how certain arts will effect our understanding of leading, following, stewarding and improvising. That´s the reason we expect that almost everyone will take part in all four days of the conference!
- We will be going out into areas and places of Berlin to go on learning journeys. The learning journeys will explore how improv is being applied in settings all over many different kind of arts. You can find out more on the Register page and the
Will meals be included in the conference?
- Breakfast Thursday, Friday & Saturday
- Lunch Thursday, Friday & Saturday
- Thursday and friday night dinner, show and DJWe are featuring local, delicious, eclectic food and drink throughout the conference. To accommodate various dietary needs, there will always be vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options; common allergens will also be labeled.
Do you want to contribute to the program with a workshop or something else?Please feel free to join out two step flow until UNTIL JUNE 14th::
- Step 1: Join our discussion at the .Ning Site about topics and workshop offers: http://appliedimprov.ning.com/group/berlin-ain-conference-2013
- Step 2: Send a two pages proposal to us with following facts: Related focus area (Leadership, Science, Cultures) | Title | Lecture (up to 30 minutes), workshop (up to two hours) | Topics/content | How will you deliver the content? |Take away for participants? | Who are you? Experiences as an Applied Practitioner | A visuale example of what to expect (picture, video-link, drawing, website…) |
- We are looking forward to your contributions UNTIL JUNE 14th - E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do speakers receive payment or a discount for speaking at the conference?
- There is no monetary payment or discount off the registration fee for speakers. What AIN (a non-profit) offers is a rich, supportive, and diverse environment for speakers to showcase content, try new things, network with peers, and garner visibility and instant feedback.
Can I volunteer at the conference to reduce the registration cost?
- Thanks for your interest! We are not seeking for volunteers right now. We had many requests to volunteer and appreciate all of the interest from the community to help make this a great conference!
Will there be Wi-Fi at the Conference?
- Yes, indeed! Details will be provided at the conference.
Will talks be recorded?
- The good news is that the short, some 5-15-minute talks will be recorded. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to record all sessions. Our goal is to make the talks available on the website soon after the conference.
Will I be photographed or recorded at the conference? Can we record sessions on our smartphones? What about photos in addition to video?
- As indicated above, we are excited be to recording many of the sessions throughout the conference and putting that video up on the web for others to share in the conference experience and to market next year’s conference.
- We are asking all conference attendees to be good community citizens. We all have cameras and social networks of various kinds, but we want you to be respectful of others including: not use more than 2 minutes of video of anyone else’s session without their permission, not post photographs of anyone unless you know them personally, don’t post anything to any social networks that might make someone uncomfortable
- For the official conference videos of sessions please be aware of the following notice:By registering for this conference I hereby grant the Applied Improv Network (AIN) and its legal representatives the irrevocable right and unrestricted permission to use and publish photographs or video images of me, or in with I may be included, for any purpose authorized by AIN, including but not limited to: website use, editorial publications, catalog, and advertising use. This grant includes the right to modify and retouch the images in the discretion of AIN. I understand that the circulation of such materials could be worldwide and that there will be no compensation to me for this use. Furthermore, I understand that I will not be given the opportunity to inspect or approve the finished products or the advertising copy or the printed matter that may be used in connection therewith. In granting this permission to AIN and its legal representatives, I am fully and without limitation releasing it from any liability that may arise from the use of the images. I understand that my presentations will not be made available for resale by AIN.
I have books I’d like to bring to sell at the conference. Is that possible?
- Yes. Please review our selling and merchandise pickup policy for authors below.
- Book drop-off and sales policy:
- Delivery to and removal of books from the conference is the author’s responsibility
- We cannot accept shipments (it is the author’s responsibility to get the books to and from the conference)
- We will charge a € 1 per book fee for every book sold at the conference
- Drop off books at the Book Table when you check-in on-site for the conference
- The Book Table is cash only, and all prices must be even Euro amounts.
For any questions regarding the conference, send an email to email@example.com.
A human being will respond as soon as possible! Thank you.
The whole conference information as a DOWNLOAD!